Saturday, October 25, 2008

My first dancing competition prize !!

I attended the wedding of a colleague today. We missed the actual ceremony and reached late because of my friend. Anyways, we arrived there just at the time when the reception was about to begin. So we had the lunch and then there was some sort of dance floor in the middle of the banquet hall, for the bride and groom's dance and where other games like rock, paper and scissors were being played.

Finally, the MC (Master of Ceremonies) called for the friends of the bride and groom to come on the floor. So there were like 10 guys and 10 girls standing across each other and the MC randomly paired the guys and girls. I got Claire as my partner, she is also a coworker of mine. So now the MC asks all the pairs to do some 'sexy moves' for the bride and groom. I was so nervous because I had never danced before and all the peeople from my Company were there watching me !!

But we were the 8th pair to perform and after seeing, that all the other pairs were as bad as I was, I felt relaxed :) So, now it was our turn and I did some John Travolta type random moves :)) I did my best to get eliminated !!

After all the pairs had performed, the MC asked James and Janice (bride & groom) to choose 3 out of the 10 and Volla !! we got selected, so now we would have to dance again !!
This time the MC gave us a theme, he asked me to dance like a fish and Claire would be the fish catcher. I had no clue whatsoever about how to do it. I was just trying to act like I'm caught in the fishing net and fighting to escape. And I was doing all this with my suit and tie on !! Oh god ! it was so embarrasing. The MC gave the other 2 pairs another theme.

And then finally, it was time for the results. And hoorah !! Claire and I got the first prize. We received 2 starbucks gift cards each. My first duet stage dance performance was a big hit and I'm ready to take up any challenge now !! So watch out for the new rock star :-) I'm sure that I'm going to get teased by my colleagues when I get back to work on monday !!

No comments: