I just came back after having dinner with Shigeaki, my Japanese friend. His girlfriend (Kumi) is here with 2 other friends, Miko and Amy from Japan.They will be here for just this week. All of us went to a Korean restaurent in Korea Town.It was the first time I had been to a Korean restaurent in my life. And being a vegeterian, I had so few choices so I let them order for me, since they knew about the food.The next obstacle were the chopsticks! I have used chopsticks just 2 times in my life and I don't have good memories !! So I asked for the fork instead. I was the only one eating with the fork !! It felt so embarassing :( And then, I don't know what they ordered, it was like a big bowl of vegetables with rice on the side.And there were no other utensils or plates. How to eat it ??? Damn, it was so confusing for me !! Anyways, my embaressment continued as I mixed the rice into the big bowl (bcoz the waitress told me to do so), instead of the other way round and then I realized that the bowl of vegetables had to be shared with others!! What a fool I am, or maybe not :) Anyways, Shigeaki, Kumi and her friends had ordered a lot of other stuff, so they didn't even bother to ask for the veggies.But I felt embaressed throughout the meal and I could not even talk properly to the people around me. It turned out to be such a dull evening.
Rewind to Sunday (9/21), the day that Shigeaki ,Kumi, Miko and Amy had arrived in LA. That day, he called me at 6 pm and asked if I could join them for dinner that night in Santa Monica. So we decided to meet at California Pizza Kitchen on 3rd Street Promenade. That day, I was so comfortable with everyone, I was feeling great and making everyone around me feel great. I had such a positive vibe, everyone was finding me so interesting.I could sense it. I had a wonderful time.Everyone wanted to take a picutre with me. Everyone was so happy and excited to meet me.Everything seemed to be perfect.Amy even hugged me when we were saying goodbye. Kumi was so nice to me. It felt so good.I was looking forward to meeting them again.
But tonite, I don't know what happened, it was very different, infact totally opposite. It felt, as if, I had lost all my communication and social skills.I couldn't keep up the conversation as I did on Sunday. Maybe it was the location, the food, the embaressment?? Nobody took pictures with me and nobody hugged me :( It was just a normal goodbye. I felt bad, because all of them are such nice people, and I won't be seeing them again.
Shigeaki and Kumi make a cute couple. I feel happy for them because they are together. They told me about all the things that they did today and yesterday.It was so good to see 2 people in love, holding hands in hand, looking into each others eyes and caring about each other. At the same time, I felt so deprived and lonely. I wished that you were there with me and I could do all that for you.
I'm feeling so low right now, as if someone has sucked out all the energy out of me. It's that kind of feeling when you are not satisfied with yourself and think that you could have performed much better and want to improve but you don't get another chance. It sucks!! I had made such a good impression on Sunday, but I guess I blew it up tonite. And I don't feel happy about it. Can someone cheer me up??
Rewind to Sunday (9/21), the day that Shigeaki ,Kumi, Miko and Amy had arrived in LA. That day, he called me at 6 pm and asked if I could join them for dinner that night in Santa Monica. So we decided to meet at California Pizza Kitchen on 3rd Street Promenade. That day, I was so comfortable with everyone, I was feeling great and making everyone around me feel great. I had such a positive vibe, everyone was finding me so interesting.I could sense it. I had a wonderful time.Everyone wanted to take a picutre with me. Everyone was so happy and excited to meet me.Everything seemed to be perfect.Amy even hugged me when we were saying goodbye. Kumi was so nice to me. It felt so good.I was looking forward to meeting them again.
But tonite, I don't know what happened, it was very different, infact totally opposite. It felt, as if, I had lost all my communication and social skills.I couldn't keep up the conversation as I did on Sunday. Maybe it was the location, the food, the embaressment?? Nobody took pictures with me and nobody hugged me :( It was just a normal goodbye. I felt bad, because all of them are such nice people, and I won't be seeing them again.
Shigeaki and Kumi make a cute couple. I feel happy for them because they are together. They told me about all the things that they did today and yesterday.It was so good to see 2 people in love, holding hands in hand, looking into each others eyes and caring about each other. At the same time, I felt so deprived and lonely. I wished that you were there with me and I could do all that for you.
I'm feeling so low right now, as if someone has sucked out all the energy out of me. It's that kind of feeling when you are not satisfied with yourself and think that you could have performed much better and want to improve but you don't get another chance. It sucks!! I had made such a good impression on Sunday, but I guess I blew it up tonite. And I don't feel happy about it. Can someone cheer me up??
No comments:
Post a Comment